We are looking for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to join an expanding team based near Wakefield. This business is going through a large transformation programme towards the Cloud and Agile.
They have already started migrating to Azure so now is a great time to join and work with their new cloud services. The business themselves are in a very strong place to continue hiring and are expanding across various departments.
You would primarily be responsible for all 3rd line & above infrastructure support of their internal services, you will make sure that these services run uninterrupted an in accordance with the SLAs for the company. You will also get involved with and take responsibility for various projects - this will be a large part of the role
- The planning, design, installation, configuration, maintenance & optimisation for server hardware / software, networks, storage.
- Responsible for all infrastructure including the virtualised estate
- To work with the Infrastructure manager to deliver business critical projects
- Assist the IT Security Engineer with monthly testing & remediation of server/storage devices
- To demonstrate the ability & interest in continually learning & developing new skills so positive action can be taken to continuously improve business performance and change management
Skills & Experience:
- Experience with Windows Servers 2012-2019, VMWare 6 (and newer), VMWare Horizon
- Experience with networking, VLANs, Subnets, DMZs, Cisco devices, Network Layers,
- Knowledge around Office 365, Exchange, Active Directory
- Experience as an Infrastructure Engineer acting as an escalation point for 3rd line BAU as well as working on projects.
- Some experience working with Azure
This is a great opportunity to work in a role where you will have a direct impact on the business and also gain exposure to the cloud.
Paying up to £50k this role is currently remote but will require 1 day a week in the office in the future.
Click apply now or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details!