This role will be joining a team of 3 reporting to the VP of Financial Systems. It is a brand new group looking to help automate and streamline financial and accounting softwares for the business.
The Financial Systems Analyst is responsible for defining business requirements for accounting related systems and technology solutions, partnering with development teams to design, implement and maintain such systems, including but not limited to, general ledger system/subsystems, forecasting processes, interfaces and file transfers. Ideally they are seeking an Internal/Risk or IT Auditor from public accounting interested in IT or and IT professional with an accounting degree.
The resonsibitlies include but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborates with business partners to define strategy, requirements, architecture, integration, implementation and support of general ledger (GL)
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and implementation of Finance systems
- Partners with financial planning and reporting staff to support forecasting process by developing and aligning system capabilities.
- Acts as a liaison between end-users and development teams to define functional and technical requirements.
- Creates business requirements, business processes, and project plans.
- Provides documentation and workflow analysis support for financial systems/process improvement recommendations.
- Introduces system standards and aligns best practices across finance and IT functions where relevant
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration or other related field of study.
- Three (3) - Five (5) years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Financial systems / technology experience, including proven ability to manage software development and implementation projects successfully.