As Audit Manager you will have a leading role in the operational audits and/or special investigations whilst being the right hand of the Audit Department Head.
You will assist in determining the team planning and will monitor the realisation of the planning and set priorities, taking forecast future developments into account in a pro-active manner.
You will be responsible for the daily management, quality and execution of the audit. The Audit Manager supervises the work performed by the team members and coaches them on the job and you will use your extensive knowledge to ensure the right focus of the audit procedures. You will be involved in multiple (complex) audits at the same time. An audit or risk management qualification is required for signing audit reports.
You are a strong sparring partner for management and coach for the team members which you help develop both personally and professionally. Together with the Audit Department Head you actively contribute to shaping the audit universe, providing presentations and trainings and maintaining a strong network with business management.
Your work environment:
As an audit manager you will be based in Amsterdam and work as part of the Business Banking audit team. You will play an important role in setting-up a high performing Business Banking audit team.
The division CAS NL is part of CAS, which is a highly professional organisation with approximately 20 audit teams across the globe and comprises a diverse international team of above 300 members. Together with your Amsterdam colleagues, you will provide audit coverage on a variety of audits mainly related to the retail domain.
Working at my client means working in a highly dynamic, international environment at the heart of the company, where everyone aspires to (continue to) be a front-runner in the field of auditing. To this end, we work with the very best people, whom we help to remain leading in their area of expertise. To achieve this we support you in your personal growth and development by facilitating training, short term assignments and/or international career opportunities.
At my client they realize that qualitative growth means that we always have to have the best people in the best positions. That's why they will invest in your personal growth and development. Within CAS this is even more important, in order to stay closely connected to the rapidly changing internal and external environment. They will ensure that you are always up to date on the key developments in your area of attention, which allows you to continue improving your performance.
- Have a preferably academic degree and are preferably in the possession of an audit or comparable certification, like RA/RE/RO and CIA.
- Have (International) experience in complex organisations and a bird's eye view and knowledge of business, risks, and associated controls.
- Experience in managing teams as this role requires proven leadership qualities.
- Have experience in successfully applying quality management, process improvement, and problem-solving tools and methodologies.
- Have 10 years relevant work experience in Banking (preferably in Lending or FEC) and/or audit and internal control.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a flexible style which enables you to communicate effectively at various levels in the organisation.
- Excellent project management capabilities.
- You are naturally ambitious, pro-active, critical, and curious.
- You are fluent in English and have at least basic understanding of Dutch (fluency in other languages is much appreciated) and you are willing to travel abroad (6-8 weeks per year), depending on assignments.