Want to continue reading?
Please provide your details to gain access to our blog content
Oliver James Associates joins organisations and individuals across the world in celebration of International Women’s Day. As part of the #PledgeForParity campaign, we committed to help “women and girls achieve their ambitions; challenge conscious and unconscious bias; call for gender-balanced leadership; value women and men's contributions equally; and create inclusive flexible cultures.”
Since last year’s International Women’s Day, we’ve been hard at work implementing change to show our support. To date, Oliver James has:
- Recognised success with 40 female promotions, including the firm’s first female Director
- Delivered company-wide unconscious bias training
- Created a Diversity & Inclusion panel, featuring executive female representation
- Developed a five-year plan to narrow our gender gap from 37:50 to 50:50
- Ensured we have a diverse panel of interviewers
- Trained consultants to use non-gender-specific language in job ads
- Provided agile working for parents returning after maternity and paternity leave
- Joined the ‘Women in Recruitment’ programme to encourage the development of our female employees
- Proactively sourced women in regions where they are under-represented
- Become members of ADVANCE Women In Swiss Business
We’ve also collaborated with clients to better understand their current attraction, selection and offering practices, promote the benefits of a diverse and inclusive working culture, and enhance the opportunities they present for flexible working. And this is a journey we’ll be continuing on throughout 2017.
This year’s IWD theme of #BeBoldForChange promises to forge a more inclusive, gender-equal world, and encapsulate the 10 International Women's Day values:
Oliver James will mirror these qualities internally and externally, highlighting the successes of our female employees, providing regular training and internal events, and presenting clients with shortlists that reflect the finest talent in the market – irrespective of gender, race, sex or any other difference that makes us unique. Plus, we’ll do all this while staying true to our own values of Passion, Respect, Partnership, Excellence, Adaptability and Innovation.
Keep an eye out for the actions we’re taking now and in the future.
Join us; #BeBoldForChange, and help the women of our world.