Network Engineer - Contract
Senior Network engineer required on a 6-month contract to support and maintain network infrastructure
- A minimum of 3 years IT Technical support or engineering experience in a comparable IT Infrastructure environment
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic, and network analytics tools
- Experienced with patching/upgrading network infrastructure
- 3rd level qualification in IT discipline, or equivalent experience
- ITIL Fountionda
- A minimum of one professional certification e.g. Cisco CCNP
- ITIL Practitioner
- Additional Professional certification in either Network and/or Server Technology e.g. MCSE, Citrix CCP, Cisco Expert CCNP
- Recognised Project Management qualification
- A strong background in IT Infrastructure with hands on in-depth technical knowledge of some, or all, of key technologies - Cisco Networking, Server Technologies ( MS, VMware, Citrix ), Active Directory, Telephony/Unified Communications, Checkpoint, Cisco ASA Firewall, Netscaler, Ironport, Solarwinds technologies.
- Detailed knowledge networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Strong understanding of hybrid, private, public cloud platforms & technologies
- Working knowledge of ITIL processes
- Working knowledge of project management methodologies and best practice
- Strong interpersonal and written/oral communication skills with the ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language. Ability to interact effectively with executives, engineers, vendors and peers. This is essential to the position.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong influencing skills
- Strong analytical skills to effectively plan appropriate corrective action and escalation of Support issues
- Excellent planning & organisational skills
- Analysing existing hardware, software, and networking systems
- Resolving technical issues with networks, hardware, and software.
- Performing speed and security tests on installed networks.
- Upgrading/replacing hardware and software systems when required.
Cisco Network Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, networking administration, information technology, or a similar field.
- CCNP or equivalent experience
- Experience in Cisco DNA Centre