My client is looking for an ambitious part qualified or qualified accountant to support their growth ambitions.
The role provides the opportunity to be a true number 2 to the Head of Finance in an exciting growing business where you will get the opportunity to experience a broad range of finance activities.
The Role Overview
My Clients is looking for an ambitious part qualified or qualified accountant to support their growth ambitions.
The role will provide the opportunity to be a true number 2 to the Head of Finance in an exciting growing business where you will get the opportunity to experience a broad range of finance activities.
The successful applicant will have a good understanding of core accounting principles and a desire to develop this understanding whilst taking ownership for key accounting duties.
- Daily maintenance of sales ledger and uploading sales into local finance system (Sage 200)
- Daily cash and bank maintenance
- Supplier communication and purchase ledger recs - matching and coding invoices into local finance system and setting up BACS payment runs
- Bank reconciliations
- VAT returns
- Preparation of month end accounts for review with management, including but not limited to:
- journal entries into local finance system (Sage 200) including accruals, prepayments & fixed asset register
- balance sheet reconciliations & review with management
- variance analysis
- trend analysis
- commentary on performance vs. targets
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Support in preparation of budgets and forecasts
Internal Control & Processes
- Working with auditors at year end
- Ensure Group Finance control recommendations are implemented
- Ensure adherence to Group internal control and authorisation matrix
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Ad hoc duties required by management or to meet the needs of the business
Other Skills & Qualities
- Sage experience preferred but not essential
- High level of integrity when dealing with sensitive information
- Willing to learn and pro-active approach to improve current processes
- High attention to detail
- Ability to think commercially
- Part qualified or Qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA or equivalent
- Relevant experience in Management Accounting
- Strong knowledge and experience of Microsoft Excel
This is a great opportunity to work for a growing company who can offer long term career and development opportunities. If you are interested and would like to be considered for this opportunity please don't hesitate to apply.