We are looking for an experienced Networking professional to join a reputable global business currently going through a significant period of growth.
This company is currently going through a large transformation towards the cloud and due to a recent promotion, are looking for a Networking Lead
You will be responsible for the technology, security & service delivery of their network function, including the guidance and mentoring of engineers
You will help to establish standards, design solutions and eventually define the road maps in their network environment.
- Ensuring all BAU activities are maintained and delivered to the highest standards
- Design practical, scalable & secure solutions that maximise the sharing of information & resources across their global estate
- Evaluate, test, recommend and implement solutions in conjunction with architects - whilst researching emerging technologies to make recommendations on future business needs
- Take a technical lead on networking escalations as well as project work (upcoming major network refresh!)
Skills & Experience:
- A strong all rounded networking background rather than having specialised in one particular area
- Highly IP literate, solid understanding of routed & switched network technologies, including - LAN, WAN Wireless, IP Telephony and data centre technologies
- Strong knowledge and experience with WAN technologies and their underlying infrastructures
- Some experience with the design, deployment and management of enterprise class LAN and WLAN environments alongside the associates tools to monitor & troubleshoot issues
- Familiar with security technologies & protocols including firewalls, unified threat management, web proxies, VPNs etc
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward thinking business where you will have a direct impact on the company moving forward.
Paying up to £65k this role will continue to be fully remote for the foreseeable future; however, you must be in a commutable distance from one of their offices on the occasion that something can not be solved remotely (Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Newcastle, Birmingham)