Oliver James is working with a leading personal lines insurance organization that is looking to hire a Head of Claims. As a senior business leader you will manage multiple claims teams, including personal lines, liability and customer claims, with 3 Claims Leaders and 150+ total reports. You will be responsible for department strategy, claims process, controls and business growth, whilst also ensuring excellent technological innovation and development in maintained.
You will manage a large claims business unit across all personal lines for the US, which includes Medical, A&H, Travel, Liability and Assistance teams. You will manage direct/indirect reports and key client relationships, along with driving technical and operational performance for a large department. You will also manage various vendors and lead strategy for supplier management. This is a wide management role so significant claims leadership experience is essential.
Skills / Experience Required
- Proven senior leader within claims, with experience leading large multi-site teams (ideally over 150+ FTE)
- Excellent knowledge of a personal business lines, including Medical, A&H, Travel and/or Liability
- Keen interest in technology and how that can be applied to insurance and claims
- Ability to drive customer experience strategy across the group
- Ability to manage key client relationships and vendors
- Bachelors Degree and Insurance Qualifications - highly preferred
- P&C Adjuster License / A&H Adjuster License
This role must be based from the Fort Lauderdale, Florida area. We cannot consider remote candidates due to the wide management remit.