Your Work Environment
This team within the Group department of this large bank is part of the corporate staff department. They are responsible for the external financial and regulatory reporting. Within this department, the Finance Network team is responsible for the control and oversight function of Group Finance towards the banks global network.
Therefore the team is the linking pin between Group Finance and the locations and maintains the relationship with both the local finance departments, business unit departments and the FSC. This includes maintaining the day-to-day relationship and taking ownership for management of the global reporting processes The stakeholders are supported with instructions, interpretations & advice regarding reporting requirements. This is a dynamic environment as requirements in financial and regulatory environment are continuously increasing.
Task and Responsibilities
You will be part of a team that is mainly focused on the analyses of the key developments in the data submissions from locations and the Finance service centre, but ensures compliance of these submissions covering statutory and regulatory requirements. You will be responsible for the timely, accurate and complete data submissions from locations so that the bank can comply with the reporting requirements at all times.
The main tasks are:
- Prepare and send quarterly instructions to the locations and other data delivering parties and manage the global reporting process;
- Oversee the Reporting and accounting impact of large transactions within or cross-business units such as intercompany transfers, mergers, divestments or acquisitions etc.
- Acting as the key point of contact for locations and other data delivery parties, and in that role ensure that the global financial and regulatory reporting process works efficiently;
- Perform an analytical review to understand developments in the reports, based on your knowledge of the local business, and check consistency between reports;
- Reviewing and challenge all submissions from the locations regarding statutory and regulatory reporting. Perform thematic reviews or deep dives; maintain a solid control framework towards the entities to ensure the integrity of the banks statutory and regulatory reports, including the interdependencies with other domains, by reviewing sign-offs, in control statements, doing site visits etc.;
- Execution of Group Finance owned controls in the reporting process (coordination sign off of the letter of representation and goodwill impairment testing)
- Profound knowledge of IFRS, including IFRS 7, 9, and 13 and/or, profound knowledge of the CRR, specifically liquidity (LCR) and FINREP.
- At least Bachelor's degree, preferably in the areas of accountancy, business administration of finance and control.
- MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access).
Behaviours and Competences
- Analytical skills to perform analytical review on statutory and regulatory reports and the ability to challenge assumptions and perform an impact analysis on reporting issues.
- Communication and persuasion skills to perform relationship management with international stakeholders using a global perspective and cultural sensitivity.
- Pro-active attitude driving problem resolution, process enhancements and regulatory reporting changes (projects) with tenacity.
- Collaboration skills, team player with the ability to operate independently (self-starter) and to build bridges across functions
- Presentation skills with ability to translate complicated reporting issues and requirements into key messages.
- Fluent English (verbal and writing)
- Ability to cope with work-pressure and work with deadlines being dependent on others.
- Ability to travel
- By preference more than three years of experience in or with external reporting in the banking industry
- Financial audit experience is an advantage
- Experience in the implementation of regulatory reporting changes (projects), and resolving reporting issues including stakeholder management.
- Presenting reporting issues in key messages to a broader senior audience