Financial Business Analyst - Risk start-up!
A promising risk tech start-up is looking for a Financial Business Analyst. This start-up is part of one of the world's leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer. The company anticipates and manages a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
The start-up provides digital, bespoke and transparent L&H and P&C protection products in a B2B2C manner. Founded in 2014, they're transforming the way consumers buy insurance with a unique digital insurance engine which incorporates the latest technology with world-class underwriting capabilities. They build strong partnerships to sell insurance via trusted brands.
About the team
Glad you're interested! They're looking for a tech-savvy person to help shape our digital solutions and change the way insurance is bought online. No more insurance talk that only a lawyer understands, they're here to make a difference. If you're passionate about thinking ahead, anticipating bottlenecks and contributing with pragmatism into delivering cross-functional projects within an agile environment, then read on.
About the role
* You will impact and interface between operations, insurance and technology team
* You will be responsible for implementing insurance system
* You will make sure that all the potential finance accounting impacts are raised
* While being subject matter expert in this role you will be acting as mix of project manager and business analyst
* You will focus efforts on project schedule, cost, and resource management as well as spotlight time and energy on ensuring accurate requirements management
* You have university degree or equivalent qualifications in one of the domains such as Computer Science, Information and Business Management, or other Engineering fields. Master's degree a plus.
* You have at least six years of combined experience in financial project related to insurance and/or respective consulting with consistent track record
* You come from P&C Insurance background (with know-how across the value chain especially the financial and accounting aspect and an understanding of the key levers in primary insurance)
* You have knowledge of one of the insurance systems (Guidewire, INSIS, TIA, Socotra, Majesco and etc.) and experience in their implementation
* You know how to translate high-level needs from the finance team in detailed requirements for the technology team
* You are familiar with agile methodology and frameworks such as Scrum and Kanban
* You worked with MS Excel, Power BI (JIRA, Confluence or other agile project management tool is a plus)
* You have high-level knowledge of US Gaap, Lux Gaap, IFRS17 (a preference)
* You are fluent in English. German or any other Western European language is advantage
* High levels of organization, detail orientation and results drive, with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to influence others to deliver toward a common goal
* You are an open-minded team player with clear and effective communication skills
What they offer
This is a start-up embedded within an organization known for its high-caliber talent and excellent benefits. So, you get the best of both worlds - a fast paced, challenging environment with a genuine work-life balance and more. Do you love thinking ahead and identifying new opportunities or anticipate future challenges? Do you like driving complex, cross-functional projects following agile principles and pragmatism? Go ahead and apply today! They are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Are you interested in this role, please contact Maxime Hermarij via firstname.lastname@example.org or via +31208082007