Our client is a rapidly emerging player in the worker's compensation P&C insurance space. IN 2021, the business is looking to significantly expand it's US operations through a huge injection of capital from the capital markets space. They are operating at the forefront of their sector, continuously looking to provide new and improved products to their ever growing client base.
As Group Tax Director, you will be the internal subject matter expert for all tax related matters for the group. You will be accountable for managing the Group's tax, tax accounting, compliance with tax legislation and governance surrounding tax transactions and decision making - supported by Finance Leadership and external tax advisors.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and CEO, some key responsibilities of this role will be:
- Directs tax planning and compliance in the areas of international, federal, state and local income, premium, and other taxes.
- Manages and oversees the Company's preparation of statutory and GAAP income tax provisions. Oversees the external tax accounting firms in the preparation of the Company's tax returns, compliance matters, and special projects.
- Plans, directs and controls short and long-range tax planning strategies and consults with senior management regarding tax issues.
- Manages all tax audits and examinations with regulatory bodies.
- Maintains effective working relationships with the Internal Revenue Service, outside attorneys, public accountants, and government officials.
- Plays a key role in the due diligence, negotiation and integration of mergers and acquisitions.
- Responsible for transfer pricing and management fee arrangements.
- Federal, state, and local tax set up for internal payroll.
- Liaison with operating management on tax issues and accounting staff on tax accounting issues.
- Design, implement and document controls in income tax process.
To be successful in this role you will need to be a highly experienced and agile tax professional. Working within a fast-paced environment, this role will require energy and a proactive attitude each day.
Some key skills and qualifications listed below.
- CA/CPA/MBA or similar qualified.
- Background in professional services or consulting highly regarded.
- Exposure to the Property and Casualty insurance industry.
- Experience as a tax manager across multiple business units and entities.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Proactive attitude, a problem solver that works with others in achieving success