My client is looking for a Credit Manager with people management and stakeholder management experience who can work proactively to add financial support. It's a great opportunity to join a notable company who have been awarded best places to work in Manchester alongside other noteworthy awards for the type of environment they create for their staff.
If you have had previous experience of dealing with Global/Blue Chip organisations this would be advantageous.
- Lead the day-to-day operations of the groups credit control function
- Manage and motivate a team of credit controllers, ensuring ongoing personal development and cross skilling through leading regular appraisals to ensure high team performance.
- Setting and monitoring appropriate KPI's to help measure department performance according to business goals and objectives.
- Manage our invoice discounting facility ensuring compliance with appropriate covenants.
- Maintain ongoing compliance with the company's credit control policy (term setting, query management, escalation processes).
- Providing ongoing support from a credit control perspective to internal finance transformation projects and implementation of new finance systems.
- Lead bi-weekly credit risk meeting with the Financial Controller, Director of Finance and Group Operations Director and pursuing any action points that arise.
- Demonstrate ongoing commercial awareness of our key client base
- Interpret financial statements to assist when making credit decisions.
- Contribute to group wide cash flow forecasting processes from a credit control perspective.
- Maintaining appropriate insurance levels and cover are in place for high risk clients.
- Maintaining regular sales ledger reviews and ensuring directors have full visibility of the debtor book for their regions.
- Support the Management Accounts team by maintaining the Group's bad debt provision in line with policy.
- Working closely with the Legal team to ensure efficient debt recovery procedures are followed.
- Lead ongoing credit control projects to develop and improve processes to implement best practice and efficiencies.
- Manage relationships with regional directors, recruitment consultants, banks, invoice discount facility managers and credit report agencies.
- Contribution to monthly manager meetings in the finance department.
- Ad hoc projects as directed by the Financial Controller.
- Qualified Chartered Institute of Credit Management (CICM) or equivalent.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, prioritising and handling multiple tasks, whilst maintaining attention to detail.
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with proven ability as a negotiator.
- Experience working within a similar role in a fast paced global credit control environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills - specifically Excel.
- Professional level of customer service, both internally and externally.
- Competent understanding of legal/contractual processes and insolvency procedures.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Exposure to SAP accounting software package.
- Previous recruitment industry experience desirable.
- Competitive salary
- Excellent Social Calendar - Group Summer and Xmas Parties; Friday drinks every week; Frequent team nights out and events
- Health & Wellbeing Initiatives - Extended lunch breaks for gym-goers; Fresh Fruit delivered daily
- Private Healthcare Insurance, provided by PHC
- Generous holiday entitlement - including Christmas shut-down not requiring annual leave
- Other benefits - including Cycle-to-work scheme
- Pension Contribution which is matched up to 4.5%
- Quarterly bonus for hitting appraisal targets
- Paid study support and Extended lunch breaks for revising.
This is a great opportunity to work for a growing company who can offer long term career and development opportunities. If you are interested and like to be considered for this opportunity please don't hesitate to apply.