**New Contract Role - Business Analyst / Business Architect - Inside IR35 - £600-650 per day - London**
Our client a leader within the Insurance market based in the heart of the City are looking for a Business Analyst or Business Architect to work alongside the technical architects to ensure that the overall solution and processes on an ongoing project and work across the different systems and workstreams to ensure the programme is delivered.
The key responsibilities are:
- Tailor the end state vision to ensure the solution at each transition state is fully defined, understood and how it contributes en route to the end state
- To produce the business solution design components (focusing particularly on Process and people design) ensuring that the end to end solution support the programme vision and outcomes
- Liaise extensively with internal and external stakeholders ensuring requirements captured elsewhere are correct and complete and traceable through the end to end solution;
- Maintain an overall to-be process flow and business capability mapping (mappings of business services to functions to applications)
- Ensure that the requirements and design artifacts coming from the differing workstreams are aligned to the process flows and capability mapping
- Challenge requirements on a cost/benefit basis
- Review all "as-is" processes and partner with business teams to update processes to reflect the replacement of existing systems (and associated workarounds)
- Ensure project documentation is kept up to date ensuring regular and timely review and approvals from respective teams is obtained.
- Work with business users and testing teams to support the overall testing effort, ensuring traceability of testing to business requirements
Critical success factors of the role are:
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong, cohesive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and user communities.
- Strong sense of prioritisation and execution against critical deliverables, coupled with a sense of personal ownership for key projects deliverables and dependent systems, to ensure key business outcomes are achieved.
- Experience/knowledge of implementing systems in the Exposure management, CAT modelling, technical pricing and portfolio management domains to be able to communicate effectively with the business teams and to challenge where appropriate
- 10+ years Business Analyst experience, with past experience of business architecture
- Understanding of the full end-to-end process of exposure data capture, and commercial insurance financial terms
- Ability to clarify, communicate and agree business requirements, perform gap analysis against the baseline functionality and formulate and agree workarounds or solutions with key stakeholders across a number of business functions
- Ability to translate "as-is" processes into "to-be" based on new system implementation.